Saturday, January 5, 2008

The New Year Check In

Happy New Year! I am glad to be back to some more consistent blogging in 2008. That is not a resolution, just a fact - the holidays sure are crazy - even when you make focused efforts to keep them low key. I got to relax with family in the Berkshires - where I am originally from and enjoy some craziness with college friends and moe.rons in New York City - fabulous!

My New Year's resolutions every year are the same - not any resolution, just a re-focused effort to continue on my life path which is helping people think out of the box and see, feel, and experience things they may have not otherwise without my energy and presence. I've been doing this my whole life, it was just in the past several years that I fully recognized that as my path. And last year that path was able to culminate into complete direction with starting my own public relations business, RachelCarterPR, because now my personal and professional life are in sync and that creates a much more powerful energy than I could create with the two often bashing heads.

In the PR business of work and play, the New Year marks a great time to check in with not only yourself, but with those around you - especially your friends in the media. As I see it, people are people regardless of what they do for work and everyone goes through the New Year process of reflection and forward thinking. I find it's a great time to reconnect with media folks, see where they're at for the New Year, let them know what you're up to, see how you might be able to work together, and just send some overall cheer their way! If you are handling some of your own PR and reading this blog, take some time to reconnect with folks - you may be surprised to see who else has been thinking about you too!

Peace and Prosperity to All in 2008 and Beyond!

2 comments:

Metal Head said...

PR is one of the most important aspects of any business, people tend to take this in a pretty outdated way but having had a PR stint myself I understand the intricacies.
Wish you very happy year ahead and have you heard about http://www.youngentrepreneursociety.com/. Try logging in I am sure you will find it interesting.

Ralph

Ashlee Dyer said...

I enjoyed reading your posst